Everybody wants to have a healthy body and a healthy lifestyle. However, no matter how much a person tries to be safe from illnesses and diseases, they are bound to experience illness and pains at some point. Among the pains that people commonly experience, back pain is one of the most common that affects millions of people. In fact, most of the world population feels back pain at some point of time in their life although the pain might not be for a long time. There are different reasons why a person may face back pain. No matter what the reason be, it is important to get treatment as soon as possible. When a person suffers from back pain, they only know the level of discomfort and uneasiness they are experiencing. Getting the right treatment that will help them find the relief they seek becomes the ultimate priority.
Causes of Back Pain
There are different reasons why a person suffers from back pain. The popular ones are discussed below:
1. Spinal Stenosis – When the spinal canal is narrowed in the body, a person is said to be suffering from spinal stenosis. When a person suffers from this condition, he experiences pain in the back of his body.
2. Herniated Disc – The vertebral column is made up of discs. When a person suffers from herniated disc or when the cushioning between the discs are damaged then the person would experience back pain.
3. Muscle Injury – When a person overuses the back muscles or has suddenly injured his back then he is very likely to suffer from muscular injury. When the back muscles have been injured, the person will feel pain and discomfort in his back.
4. Vertebral Infection – When there is an infection in the vertebral section of the body, like, spinal cord, discs or fluid then it is likely that the person will feel back pain.
5. Osteoarthritis – When a person suffers from osteoarthritis then his bones will degenerate. When the bones of his body degenerate, his bones will become weak which will cause him pain.
There are different ways to treat back pain. When you are considering getting relief from back pain, you should not only focus on getting relief from pain and sufferings but also focus on opting for a safe treatment option. There are many people that take over the counter painkillers to get relief from excruciating pain. It is unadvisable to take pills to get pain relief. There are many medicines available on the market that comes with side effects. If you are getting relief from pain then you might face other problems. Therefore, you should be very careful about the treatment option you choose.
Can Acupuncture Treat Back Pain?
Among the different treatment options prevalent in the world today, acupuncture has helped many people get relief from back pain. It is an effective way to get relief from pain in the back of the body. The practice of acupuncture started in Ancient China about 3000 years ago. Thousands of years have passed but the health practice is still popular in the world today. Indeed, it is gaining popularity in many parts of the world. There are many people that do not want to go for medications as they do not want to experience any serious side effects. There are many treatment options that are very slow while others do not work at all. Acupuncture is not only effective in treating back pain but has also helped large numbers of people all over the globe.
Where To Go
There are many acupuncturists available around but it is important for you to visit the right one. If you visit an inexperienced professional then you might not receive effective treatment. You should consider visiting RiverWest Acupuncture in Portland OR where you can expect to get back pain treatment from expert acupuncturists. The acupuncture professionals will ensure that you have an amazing session and be able to be pain-free.
Ready for treatment?
Call 503-246-0103 to schedule an appointment.
Have a question?To submit an inquiry to one of our professionals, email us at email@example.com.
Have a question about acupuncture or some of our other services? Send us your question and we’ll get back to you shortly with a reply!